Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self motivated Front Office professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Guest Service Agent you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their stay will become a memorable experience and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Offer consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service
• Give a warm welcome and check in guests taking into account the established SOPs
• Check out of departing guest in accordance with the established standards
• Sell rooms to walk-in guests and be responsible for all pro-active and day-to-day facilities issues
• Responsible for cash inventory, cashing cheques and bills of exchange in foreign currencies for hotel guest in accordance with the credit policy
• Corporate with colleagues from all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Accounting and Reservation
• Ensure that the Guest Service Desk is manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times in order to be available for guests as a point of contact
• Maintain the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed
• Demonstrate a complete understanding of the hotel’s policies and procedures and service standards and have full knowledge of the hotel facilities and happenings
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Front Office Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job