Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Materials professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Materials Head Storekeeper you are responsible for the physical control of all food and beverage, general and operating stores inventory stock items, as well as the proper maintenance, storing and issuing of items guided by the established Rotana policy and procedures, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check daily all system authorized storeroom requisitions for timely preparation and issuance of items
- Ensure the implementation of the established procedures for receiving items into the stores, issuance and storing, to prevent losses, pilferage and spoilage
- Ensure that proper and adequate storerooms key control procedures are maintained and report any discrepancies
- Ensure all storeroom issues are conducted according to an approved system order and upon issuance, quantities are posted instantly in the system
- Spot check and ensure that all storeroom requisitions, quantity variance or manual corrections, if any, are properly explained, initialled and posted in the system accordingly
- Initiate system purchase requests for stocks, reaching reorder levels according to the established min / max stock levels
- Review periodically and recommend changes to the established min / max stock levels based on any noticed menu or consumption changes
Environment, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- To maintain compliance with all policies and procedures of EHSMS.
- Identify risks/aspects, implement corrective action and arrange monitoring where required.
- Ensure relevant EHS information is provided and appropriate training is maintained.
- Maintain appropriate records as required for EHSMS.
- Conduct regular section meetings to discuss EHS issues and ensure consultative structure and colleague’s participation.
- Ensure that all reported incidents are investigated and all actions are reported to Department heads to prevent a similar occurrence.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have ideally a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in stores, purchasing and receiving, preferable within a hotel environment. Excellent written & verbal English communication skills and computer literacy are essential, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, pragmatic thinker with the ability to process information and merchandise through computer systems. You are able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair, consistent set of standards. You are proactive and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results